At Bura we are always keen for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
If you would like to apply for any of the following roles, please contact us for more information at email@example.com
We are currently recruiting for the following roles at Bura Surfhouse, Lagos -
- RECEPTIONIST (Full time)
May - November
BOOKINGS AND SALES CO-ORDINATOR (Full time)
Experience in sales and logistics essential
- HOSTEL MANAGER (Full time)
We are looking for a person who is enthusiastic, hardworking and friendly, who has experience in managing people.
An interest in the surf tourism industry is preferred.
A good knowledge of English, both written and spoken is essential, along with a full driving license preferred (to drive a manual van). Basic Portuguese preferred but not essential.
We would initially like you to come and spend time with us in Lagos, Portugal getting to know Bura as a brand and training with the core team and there are potential future relocation opportunities to our other properties or career progression into our head office (also based in Lagos).
Role & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
1. Staffing and Management
- Training staff and identifying training needs and development
- Provide job description for each role to conduct appropriate training
- Hold regular staff meetings to provide and gather feedback on key service areas
- Motivate staff team
- Observe and evaluate performance and provide appraisal and feedback as relevant
- Manage staff rota
- Advertising for and selecting staff
- Managing staff wages in accordance with budget
- Ensuring company policies are adhered to
2. Sales and Marketing
- Having good knowledge of your product and services.
- Understanding what your guests want and responding to comments/reviews proactively
- Liaising with Marketing manager informing them of strategies/changes needed to existing products
- Liaising with agents and activity providers regarding services, commissions and payments
3. Customer Service
Maintain a `hands- on’ role involving :-
- Keeping up to date and accurate knowledge of bookings, occupancy levels, guest reviews in order to feedback to staff team and senior management team
- Daily arrivals, departures and activities
- Attending dinners/events regularly
- Seeking and responding to guest feedback
- Handling concerns/complaints
- Ensure quality standards for cleanliness - provide and train with checklists
- Conduct spot checks on a regular and random basis
- Ensure staff report maintenance/sanitation issues to hosts for action, or to you for further assessment
- Provide deep cleaning schedule
5. Inventory Control
- Monitor inventory levels and supervise purchasing in line with budget
- Research suppliers for best prices, value and availability of products
6. Accounting and budgeting
- Maintain accurate records of revenue and expenditure
- Follow the operational budget (includes room rates)
7. Business development and strategy
- Follow trends in the hostel industry
- Be aware of competitors
- Identify changing needs of guests
- Participate in opportunities for personal development - eg Conferences
8. Entertainment, atmosphere, activities
- Create and execute a plan to maintain desired hostel atmosphere and vibe
- Record duties, expenses, challenges and successes for each event to inform future events and replication
- Engage guests directly
9. Health, Safety and Maintenance
- Health and Safety management for employees
- Health and Safety in relation to guests and guest environment
- Review maintenance documents regularly to ensure they remain relevant and up to date e.g vehicle maintenance, smoke alarm checks etc
However managing at times is managing the ‘unexpected’ and responding to unusual or crisis situations.
Conditions and Pay:
This is a year round position as the sun shines and the waves roll all year long.
You will receive a monthly salary along with the following:
- Staff accommodation on site or in our staff apartment, all utilities included
- Breakfast daily and dinner in the evenings
- Free surf lessons upon availability
- Access to free or discounted activities such as stand up paddleboarding
- End of season staff holiday at Bura Snow in the French Alps upon successful completion of the season
If you would like to apply, please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Fantastic week! Went with a mate and when we got there we quickly made friends with the other guests in the chalet. The chalet girls - Pyman and Mel were friendly and made us feel welcomed, plus they cook very good meals so came back a fatty. As for the chalet, you cant beat the views..."
"Firstly we were blown away by the chalet hosts, Brent and Nick were top lads and even better chefs. All in all, I would definitely recommend Bura Snow, we had a cracking time, the food was awesome and the chalet was top notch."